Fast forward to 7 minutes in the video and listen to the response about network management from AT&T's CTO John Donovan. Tim O'Relly asks the question, "How should we be thinking about Net Neutrality"? John Donovan, "You sitting next to me can limit my experience". O'Reilly, "Do you think about classes of traffic"? Donovan, "We think about the safety of the network and have to have privacy, security and safety in consideration. We are all for an open internet but when we find a situation that is severely compromised by an individual or application. We want the ability to manage (ie Shut Down Access) the network. There is not enough capital in the world to build to peak demand for congestion and you need to manage that appropriately.
AT&T Wireless CTO John Donovan Says We Will Shut Down Users & Mobile Applications that Abuse our NetworkWednesday, November 17, 2010 | ATT Wireless, Data Congestion, Data Plans, Free Wireless, iPhone, Telecom Industry Insider
- ► 2012 (78)
- ► 2011 (268)
- Will Verizon's $720M NFL Deal Pay Off?
- iPad 3G vs Wifi Cost Comparison
- 7" Android Tablet PCs Under $300
- Verizon's 4G LTE Dirty Little Secret
- Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Launch Party
- Top Cell Tower Lease Rates by State
- 10" Android Tablets from $150 to $499
- Cheapest WiFi Only Android Tablets
- T-Mobile WiFi Calling Works Great
- Why You Don't Need a Cable Box Anymore
- Turn Off 3G for Fewer Dropped Calls
- Largest LTE 4G Network in the World is TeliaSonera...
- Best Cell Phone Reception Boosters
- Smart WiFi Antennas Could Start a Consumer Revolut...
- Carriers Bluffing on Cell Phone Signal Booster Net...
- FCC: US is Last Worldwide in Broadband Adoption ye...
- Who Has the Best 4G Coverage?
- List of Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Airports
- Will AT&T's New Faster HSPA+ Data Network Result i...
- Verizon & AT&T 4G LTE Ads
- AT&T Wireless CTO John Donovan Says We Will Shut D...
- Wireless Connected Home Products by Amazon
- Wireless Broadband Alliance Establishes Roaming Ag...
- Facebook Email Does Not Have VoIP Yet
- Clearwire Hidden Data Cap & Early Termination Fees...
- The Amazing Google Voice now on iPhone
- Is Google Buying Verizon FiOS?
- AT&T Sells Free WiFi Not 3G on Galaxy Tab
- AT&T Data Plan Tax Refunds Are Coming
- Tap and Pay Mobile Android Phones Coming
- How Does 4G & LTE Compete with Free?
- AT&T WiFi Growing 25X Faster Than 3G
- iPad = No More Cable Bills
- Cable Loses 1M Customers & Wireless Gains 500K
- 10 Reasons to Cut your Cable TV Cord
- ESPN & NFL Saves Cable Subscribers
- Google TV Will Disrupt the Cable Distribution Mono...
- Cowboy Stadium Cell Phone & WiFi Coverage?
- Location Enabled Browsers vs Mobile Apps
- Best HDR Mobile Camera Apps?
- China Mobile Phone Text Virus is Spreading
- Smartphone Apps WiFi Only Option
- T-Mobile 4G Phones: G2 & MyTouch Compared
- Microsoft Windows 7 Phone User Interface Review
- AT&T Listening to Dropped Calls on Twitter
- Crown Castle Boosts Cell Reception at Amway Center...
- Mobile Cloud Computing Demands Wifi Data Offload
- Free Gogo Inflight Wifi from Google Chrome
- T-Mobile 4G HSPA+ Femtocell or Mobile Hotspot?
- 4G Network Speeds Compared
- Are Smartphones Secure on Wifi Hotspots?
- Checkin with Facebook Places is Booming
- Mobile Data Offload: Controlled Network Gateways v...
- Wireless Network Armageddon in 2012
- Why No Magicjack iPhone App?
- Why is T-Mobile WiFi Calling is Not Free?
- American Tower Growth Dead in the US?
- 4G False Advertising Lawsuits Are Coming
- Wi-Fi Direct Location Based Social Networks
- Watching Facebook Mobile Live Innovations
- Free WiFi Hotspots Growing 5X Faster than Cell Tow...
- T-Mobile G2 SD Card Mounted Read Only Problems
- Verizon.com Paperless Billing Scam
- Why Google Mobile Advertising Could Fail
- ▼ November (64)
- ► 2009 (58)
- ► 2008 (30)