Tuesday, December 14, 2010 | Amazon Wireless, Best Buy Mobile, Pandora
Best Buy Mobile is a partnership will Car Phone Warehouse based in Europe and was designed to provide a better shopping experience for the mobile phone customer. You would think that with all of Best Buy's mobile phone deals with carriers that this sector of their business would start taking off with smartphone sales increasing and tablet PCs becoming the new craze. If you do a search on Amazon Wireless you can find many 7" tablets and 10" tablets. When I asked Best Buy Mobile how many tablets they carried it was only 3. iPad & Verizon Galaxy and one other one I cannot remember. This was quite disappointing to see and I immediately went down the street to Fry's Electronics to see what they had. Its clear that Best Buy Mobile has an inventory and selection problem and can't decide what to recommend to their customers. Too many phones and not enough recommendation value.
However, on my visits to Best Buy recently I typically see the mobile section of the store empty but see great deals. So what is missing? I think they are missing a hook to get consumers in the door and also provide real value to the shopping experience that cannot be done at a dedicated T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T or Verizon store. Its not just about pricing deals any more and I know the management at Best Buy Mobile knows that. However, they are lacking in their execution of helping their customers make better buying decisions. How about rolling out your Best Buy Mobile coverage maps you have been working on for all of these years? How about a closer partnership with Google Nexus S like you did for the Nexus One?
The best deal I could find in the Best Buy Mobile store was their Verizon HTC Incredible for $0. Another think I liked was their Google TV display but they should have rolled this out earlier in the Summer and it seemed late to get consumers excited about it for the Christmas shopping season in late October. Another thing Best Buy is missing is the ability to get consumers excited about using apps on their TV just like their iPhones and smartphones? They should be doing a deal with Pandora and other application companies to show customer how they can cut their cable cords and save money.
Many of these recommendations go "against grain" of traditional marketing because some the technologies that are hot are not necessarily good for big business. Cable companies and wireless operators are about to get squeezed in a big way and I would suggest that Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile start to think getting further in bed with the manufacturers of the hardware and think less about the cable and wireless operator dumb pipes that are dependent on them. Consumers want to save money and reduce their dependency on cable and wireless subscriptions now that WiFI and the internet is a limitless marketplace of channels.
- ► 2012 (78)
- ► 2011 (268)
- Free Texting on Verizon With Google Voice
- Why Does Verizon Want You to Turn Off WiFi on Your...
- Why Does iPad Require iTunes 10.1?
- Samsung Needs the Google TV Android App
- Where is 4G Available Maps
- Does AT&T MicroCell Use Airtime Minutes?
- What is the Best 4G Phone?
- Does T-Mobile Allow Tethering?
- Why is My Broadband is Running Slow?
- Does AT&T Have 4G HSPA+?
- Does T-Mobile Have 4G?
- Is HSPA+ 4G?
- Verizon LTE Network Problems
- Comcast Xcaliber Web TV Designed to Fail?
- Sirius App for TV?
- List of 3D Channels
- Who Has 3D Channels?
- Why is Homestead Down Again Intuit?
- Sirius XM Online Listening is Down
- Cheapest Unlimited Data Plans
- Skype + Facebook = Face Chat?
- Must Have Consumer Electronics for 2011
- CTIA "Big Idea" Contest Will Cost You $750
- Verizon Droid Pro 1.3 GHz Does Not Have LTE
- Pandora vs Rhapsody Compared
- Android Netflix App Release Date?
- AdMob & Blogger Need to Help Publishers with Mobil...
- Free T-Mobile G2 Soup Nazi Keeps $199
- How is Best Buy Mobile Doing?
- MetroPCS Marketing Needs Some Help
- 4G Can Replace Your Internet and Cable
- Why is Business Broadband So Expensive?
- Why is Broadband in the US So Expensive?
- HSPA+ Can Be Faster Than WiFi Indoors
- Free 3G on Kindle & Nook Ebook Readers
- Google TV Sony Logitech Demo at Best Buy
- Best Buy HTC Incredible for $0
- Listen to Howard Stern on iPhone or Android Phone
- Android Phones: Nexus S, MyTouch, G2 Compared
- Android is for Touch Computing & Chrome is for Net...
- iPad 2 Feb Launch Angers Current iPad Owners & Hol...
- Slow Clearwire Upload Speeds & Very Fast Download ...
- What Does LTE Stand For?
- Get our M.DeadZones.com App on any Phone
- Better Business Bureau Gives AT&T an A+ Rating?
- How Each Carrier Defines 4G
- Are 4G LTE Data Plans Too Expensive?
- Consumer Reports Ranks US Cellular The Best US Car...
- List of T-Mobile Phones That Have UMA WiFi Calling...
- Does AT&T Have WiFi Calling?
- Cell Phone Boosters Petition to the FCC
- What Does G Stand For in 4G?
- 4G Can Save You During a Power Outage
- Radio Shack Kiosks Now Located Inside Target Store...
- Places to Buy Google TV
- 10 Creative Ways Clearwire Could Start Thinking Ou...
- WiFi Wimax HSPA+ & LTE Should Just be Friends
- LTE Map of Asia, Europe, Africa, Russia, North & S...
- List of Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Cities
- Verizon 4G LTE Will Not Work on Macs
- Will Verizon's Current Phones Work with their 4G L...
- Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, MetroPCS 4G Pricing Com...
- Verizon Wireless 4G LTE is Not for Cell Phones or ...
- How Many Verizon 4G LTE Customers Are Willing To P...
- ▼ December (64)
- ► 2009 (58)
- ► 2008 (30)