- Keep the integrity of a discount carrier intact.
- MetroPCS has LTE spectrum that T-Mobile USA could use.
- More purchasing scale 43M customers (MetroPCS 9M + T-Mobile 34M)
- T-Mobile & MetroPCS have dead zone coverage gaps both can fill.
- Consumer friendly unlimited data plans would likely continue at both companies.
- Fewer competing customers on a network = less data congestion.
- Consumers might have the option of using a GSM or CDMA 3G phones.
- T-Mobile HSPA+ 4G is very fast and the network is not congested.
- MetroPCS 4G LTE is very fast and the network is not congested.
- MetroPCS has been very aggressive using femtocell and DAS to improve coverage.
A combination of Leap Wireless 7M subscribers also makes sense in the future but right now LTE spectrum is more important to T-Mobile I would bet.
Where is MetroPCS Expanding Coverage?