CHICAGO, June 12, 2012 - AT&T is offering Chicago area wireless users a bird's-eye view of AT&T's wireless network enhancements.
Beginning today, Chicagoans can see network enhancements in the Chicago area by simply visiting the new "focus: Chicago". Updated weekly, the microsite provides an unparalleled view, unlike any other in the industry, of what AT&T is doing to enhance the customer experience.
Visitors to the microsite will see a map of the Chicago area, and they are prompted to select the city or town they're most interested in exploring.
The hyper-local map displays neighborhood-level network enhancements made by AT&T since the beginning of 2011. Enhancements include new cell sites, mobile Internet speed upgrades, capacity upgrades and network connection upgrades. The focus: Chicago microsite interactive map is also optimized for most mobile devices.
In the Chicago area, from the beginning of 2011 through June, 2012, AT&T has:
- Built nearly 15 new cell sites, providing more bars in the area.
- Upgraded nearly 25 cell sites, providing faster mobile Internet speeds.
- Added nearly 1200 carriers to increase spectrum on area cell sites, providing extra capacity to reduce dropped calls and improve service quality at busy times.
- Expanded nearly 875 network connections with enhanced backhaul (e.g. fiber lines) at area cell sites, helping reduce dropped calls and enable 4G data speeds for compatible devices.
- In addition to the Chicago area, AT&T has created microsites for: Atlanta, Dallas-Fort Worth, Detroit, Houston, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Diego, San Francisco, South Florida, St. Louis, Tampa-St. Petersburg and Washington, DC.
**4G speeds not available everywhere. Compatible device required. Learn more at att.com/network. Source: PR Newswire