As you might imagine I have heard directly from thousands for disgusted AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint customers over the 10 years. The one common theme that does not seem to be improving is transparency and self service technical support. Here are 10 way I think Google will bring disruptive change to an old stodgy wireless industry that has way too NIH syndrome (not invented here).
- Choose the service that works best at your home or office. Maybe its VoIP and roaming?
- Self-service automation for technical support with SnapIn purchased by Nuance.
- Display network outages, dead zones, dropped calls and network congestion on a map.
- No more phone customer service and tier 1, tier 2, tier 3 support idiots. Email does work :)
- Seamless Wi-Fi / VoIP hand off when you want to call overseas or someone on Google Talk or Skype
- No more .10 - .25 cent fees for text messages when Google can give it away for free with ads.
- Voice and data fees may soon become FREE if location based advertising takes off
- Cloud based operating systems is a no brainier for consumers and is slowly adopted by enterprise
- Network speed, dead zones and dropped calls all become monitored by an independent 3rd party
- AT&T, Verizon, Sprint & T-Mobile become location based advertising experts instead of dumb pipes.
- ► 2012 (78)
- ► 2011 (268)
- ▼ 2010 (358)
- ► 2009 (58)
- ► 2008 (30)