Plans: T-Mobile leads these carriers in free minutes and value now offering unlimited plans without long term contracts. Prepaid cards are affordable if you only want a short term plan. For the money, they offer the most free minutes of any plan and likely the most value depending on where you live. T-Mobile offers more plans that are typically less expensive, particularly for Internet access, text and multimedia messaging services. They offer several plans including business plans, pre-paid, family and individual plans. They do offer free phones subsidized phones, including camera phones, but if you want to choose a different phone than the one they offer you will have to pay for it.
- Unlimited data plans still exist for some customers grandfathered.
- Offers unlimited calling plans without long term contracts is a great selling point
- As a GSM carrier and a subsidiary of Germany's Deutsche Telekom, T-Mobile has extensive international roaming and thousands of Wi-Fi hotspots in the United States and Europe.
- Of the major carriers, T-Mobile received the highest customer service rating by J.D. Power and Associates for several consecutive years.
- T-Mobile is the only major carrier not to offer push-to-talk services.
- We recommended you monitor your text messaging usage closely and get on an unlimited plan so you don't get charged the outrageous .25 cents per message if you go over.
- Has 3G Coverage now in most cities.
- 4G LTE plans will come soon but 3G HSPA+ is plenty fast.
- T-Mobile has the Android phone with unlimited data plans. We highly recommend it!